VOLLMER WERKE Maschinenfabrik GmbH is considered the world market leader in machines for sharpening saw blades and rotary tools for woodworking, both in the manufacture of the tools and in the service of resharpening. Already in 1909 the first saw setting and filing machines were manufactured in Biberach.
In the woodworking industry, eroding and grinding machines are used for PCD and carbide rotary tools such as drills and milling cutters. And VOLLMER also offers the right solution for carbide and HSS circular saw blades - whether for tool production, chipper sawmills or sharpening services. The product spectrum ranges from manual grinding machines to service centres for automatic complete machining.
Machines from Vollmer are not only used for woodworking, but also for tools for processing light metals, plastics and composites, e.g. in the automotive, aerospace or mobile phone manufacturing industries.
Well-known Vollmer products are the eroding technology "Vpulse EDM", the "VGrind" machine series for grinding hard metal and the new laser process VLaser 270 for machining ultra-hard materials such as PCD, CVD-D or MKD.
All technologies can be demonstrated and tested in Vollmer's modern Technology and Service Centre (TDZ).
At a very early stage, export markets developed into the supporting pillars of the company. Production facilities in Germany and China as well as 11 branch offices and more than 30 representatives all over the world ensure customer proximity and a consistently high quality of service.
Representatives in your location
- Saw sharpeners
- Saw setting, swaging and dressing machines
- Saw blade rolling and leveling machines
- Knife grinding machines for veneer knives (slicing, peeling, clipping)
- Sharpeners for boring bits and routing cutters
- Sharpeners for carbide-tipped sawing, moulding and planing tools
- Wheels for sharpening tools (except diamond wheels)
- Machines, equipment and tools for maintenance and manufacturing of machine cutting tools; other
- Saw filers
- Saw brazing and welding machines
- Knife grinding machines for planing, flaking and chipper knives
- Sharpeners for moulding cutters
- Universal tool and cutter sharpeners
- Sharpeners for diamond tools
- Diamond wheels for sharpening tools